Long Distance Moves
The reputation of a mover is one of the biggest factors in selecting a mover, but for a long distance move it should be the biggest factor.
Flagler Movers specializes in state-to-state long distance moving of household goods.
A long distance move is generally a move that is greater than 100-miles from the origin and/or the long distance move crosses a state line.
The cost of your long distance move is usually determined by the following factors:
- Weight of your shipment & the actual distance you are moving your belongings
- The number of extra moving services, such as packing & unpacking your belongings
- Your choice of additional valuation for your personal items
- The need for moving storage in transit while you are getting settled in your new location
- Additional accessorial charges which may include things that keep the door of the truck away from the door of your new or old house such as a flight of stairs, elevators, excessive long carry, the need to use a small shuttle vehicle, etc.
Government Regulated Weigh-Station for Long Distance Moving
Long distance moving companies are not able to determine the exact weight of your shipment until it has been weighed. Government satisfied weigh-stations weigh our moving trucks before pick-up and after pick-up. The difference between those two weights is the weight of your shipment.